Postdoctoral Researcher position to work on Life Cycle Sustainability Assessment and Ecodesign of Hydrogen Energy Systems
IMDEA Energy Institute is a María de Maeztu Center of Excellence whose objective is to develop R&D activities in the fields of renewable energies and clean energy technologies by establishing strong links with leading companies in the energy sector. (www.energy.imdea.org).
IMDEA Energy is opening a Postdoctoral Researcher position for the Systems Analysis Unit, looking for talented and motivated candidates to work on life cycle sustainability assessment and ecodesign of hydrogen energy systems.
- Research and development on guidelines and tools for sustainability assessment of energy systems (in particular, hydrogen energy systems).
- Research and development in the field of ecodesign of hydrogen energy systems.
- Research and development on environmental, economic and social life cycle assessment of energy systems.
- Communicate and disseminate research results through high-quality scientific channels including high impact scientific publications, presentation in congresses, etc.
- PhD in Chemical, Environmental or Energy Engineering, or a related area.
- Deep knowledge in environmental, economic and/or social life cycle assessment, and ecodesign of product systems, as well as in specific software.
Other merits to value:
- Knowledge of fuel cells and hydrogen systems.
- Knowledge of eco-efficiency assessment and multi-criteria decision analysis.
- Good track of indexed scientific publications.
- Postdoctoral experience (≥ 1 year) is an asset.
- Participation in networks, research projects and contracts in the field of sustainability assessment and energy systems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Adequacy of the candidate's training to the requested profile.
- Work experience related to the profile of the job position.
- Knowledge of English.
- Motivation for accomplishing high-quality research.
Remuneration: Between 36.000€ – 39.000€ Gross Salary per year, depending upon qualification and expertise.
*The contract includes all the benefits of the Spanish Public Health and Social Security System.
Duration of the contract: One-year renewable appointment depending on performance.
IMDEA Energía: Móstoles, Madrid.
- PhD Certificate
- Motivation Letter
Final decisions will be personally communicated by e-mail to all candidates.