Postdoctoral position to work on green hydrogen generation at high temperature
IMDEA Energy Institute is a María de Maeztu Center of Excellence whose objective is to develop R&D activities in the fields of renewable energies and clean energy technologies by establishing strong links with leading companies in the energy sector. (www.energy.imdea.org).
IMDEA Energy is opening a postdoctoral position for the High-Temperature Processes Unit, looking for talented and motivated candidates to work on hydrogen generation at high temperature by means of renewable energy and waste heat utilization.
"Este contrato será financiado, en el marco Real Decreto 991/2021, de 16 de noviembre, por el que se regula la concesión directa de subvenciones para financiar los Planes Complementarios de I+D+I con las comunidades autónomas, por la Comunidad de Madrid, el Estado a través del Plan de Recuperación, Transformación y Resiliencia y la Unión Europea a través de los fondos NextGeneration EU (Proyecto GREENH2-CM)".
- R&D on assessment of renewable technologies for hydrogen production by means of dynamic modelling of energy systems.
- Identify and develop demand scenarios and control strategies for green hydrogen production systems.
- Validation of components (solar thermal systems, thermal storage, electrolysers...) for dynamic models using experimental data.
- Communicate and disseminate research results through high-quality scientific channels including high impact scientific publications, presentation in congresses, etc.
- Participation in project proposals preparation and management national and international research projects.
- Supervision of PhD, Master or undergraduate students.
- Ph.D. degree in (applied) physics, energy, mechanical, chemical engineering or similar.
- Demonstrated experience and solid background on numerical and/or experimental tools for analyze chemical, thermal and/or mechanical processes.
- Oral and written communication skills in English.
Other merits to value:
- Accredited experience on solar technologies.
- Accredited knowledge on computational tools.
- Accredited experience in national and international projects.
- Adequacy of the candidate's training and experience to the requested profile.
- Quality and impact of scientific publications.
- Experience in national and international research projects.
- Knowledge of English.
- Motivation for accomplishing high-quality research.
Remuneration: Between 36.000€ – 39.000€ Gross Salary per year, depending upon qualification and expertise.
*The contract includes all the benefits of the Spanish Public Health and Social Security System.
Duration of the contract: One-year renewable appointment depending on performance.
IMDEA Energía: Móstoles, Madrid.
- PhD Certificate
- Cover Letter
- Reference Letter
Final decisions will be personally communicated by e-mail to all candidates.