Predoctoral researcher position to work on “Metal-Organic Frameworks as proton exchange membranes in fuel cells”
IMDEA Energy Institute is a María de Maeztu Center of Excellence whose objective is to develop R&D activities in the fields of renewable energies and clean energy technologies by establishing strong links with leading companies in the energy sector. (www.energy.imdea.org).
IMDEA Energy is opening a Predoctoral Researcher position for the Advanced Porous Materials Unit, looking for talented and motivated candidates to work mainly in the preparation of novel proton conducting Metal Organic Frameworks (MOFs) as efficient exchange membranes in fuel cells.
- Synthesis of novel metal organic frameworks (MOFs).
- Full characterization of the obtained materials using a large panel of techniques.
- Critical analysis of the results and writing of reports.
- Dissemination and publication of research results in scientific journals.
- BSc in the field of Chemistry, Materials Science or equivalent.
- Official M.Sc. in the fields indicated above.
- Knowledge on material synthesis (inorganic and coordination chemistry) and characterization (XRD, fluid sorption, spectroscopies, microscopies, TGA, etc.)
Other merits to value:
- Appreciated knowledge on structural resolution (single crystal and/or powder), membrane preparation and ion conductivity.
- Oral and written communication skills in English.
- Adequacy of the candidate's training to the requested profile.
- Work experience related to the profile of the job position.
- Knowledge of English.
- Motivation for accomplishing high-quality research.
- Remuneration: Between 20.000€ – 22.500€ per year, depending upon qualification and expertise.
*The contract includes all the benefits of the Spanish Public Health and Social Security System.
- Duration of the contract: 1 year, possibility of renewal depending on performance.
IMDEA Energía, Móstoles, Madrid
- Certificates of academic titles
- Msc Official Academic title
- Cover Letter
Final decisions will be personally communicated by e-mail to all candidates.