Postdoctoral researcher position to work on “Metal-Organic Frameworks for hydrogen technologies”
IMDEA Energy Institute is a María de Maeztu Center of Excellence whose objective is to develop R&D activities in the fields of renewable energies and clean energy technologies by establishing strong links with leading companies in the energy sector. (www.energy.imdea.org).
IMDEA Energy is opening a Postdoctoral Researcher position for the Advanced Porous Materials Unit, looking for talented and motivated candidates to work mainly in the preparation of novel proton conducting Metal Organic Frameworks (MOFs) and composites as efficient exchange membranes in fuel cells.
- Synthesis of polycomplexant organic ligands as precursors of metal organic frameworks (MOFs).
- Synthesis of novel MOFs and MOF composites.
- Full characterization of the obtained materials using a large panel of techniques.
- Dissemination and publication of research results in scientific journals.
- Supervision of PhD, Master or undergraduate students.
- Participation in proposals preparation and management National and International research projects.
- PhD in in Chemistry, Material Sciences, Chemical Engineering, or equivalent.
- Knowledge and experience in material synthesis (inorganic and coordination chemistry) and characterization (XRD, fluid sorption, spectroscopies, microscopies, TGA, etc.)
Other merits to value:
- Appreciated knowledge on structural resolution (single crystal and/or powder), membrane preparation and electrochemistry.
- Proved experience in National or International R&D project.
- Oral and written communication skills in English.
- Adequacy of the candidate's training to the requested profile.
- Work experience related to the profile of the job position.
- Knowledge of English.
- Motivation for accomplishing high-quality research.
- Remuneration: Between 36.000€ – 39.000€ Gross Salary per year, depending upon qualification and expertise.
*The contract includes all the benefits of the Spanish Public Health and Social Security System.
- Duration of the contract: 1 year, possibility of renewal depending on performance.
IMDEA Energía: Móstoles, Madrid.
- PhD Certificate
- Motivation Letter
Final decisions will be personally communicated by e-mail to all candidates.