Predoctoral Researcher position to work on photoelectrochemical devices to solar fuels production
IMDEA Energy Institute is a María de Maeztu Center of Excellence whose objective is to develop R&D activities in the fields of renewable energies and clean energy technologies by establishing strong links with leading companies in the energy sector. (www.energy.imdea.org).
IMDEA Energy is opening a Predoctoral Researcher position for the Photoactivated Processes Unit, looking for talented and motivated candidates to to investigate on the development of photoelectrochemical devices for solar fuels production.
- Synthesis of thin film based on photoactive metal oxides and Conjugated Porous Polymers by means of electropolymerisation.
- Characterization of structural, optical and morphological properties of the synthesized materials.
- Characterization of the optoelectronic and photoelectrochemical properties.
- Integration of photoelectrochemical cell with gas chromatograph for the quantification of solar fuels.
- Critical analysis of the results and writing of reports.
- Dissemination and publication of research results in scientific journals.
- BSc in Physics, Chemistry or similar.
- Official M.Sc. on materials or energy application.
- Experience on general characterization and photoelectrochemistry measurements.
Other merits to value:
- Experience on Photoelectrochemistry.
- Knowledge in the characterization of structural, optical and morphological properties.
- Oral and written communication skills in English.
- Adequacy of the candidate's training to the requested profile.
- Work experience related to the profile of the job position.
- Knowledge of English.
- Motivation for accomplishing high-quality research.
- Remuneration: Between 20.000€ – 22.500€ per year, depending upon qualification and expertise.
*The contract includes all the benefits of the Spanish Public Health and Social Security System.
- Contract in accordance with the current regulations.
IMDEA Energía, Móstoles, Madrid
- Certificates of academic titles
- Msc Official Academic title
- Cover Letter
Final decisions will be personally communicated by e-mail to all candidates.