Predoctoral Researcher position to work on lactic acid production via open mixed cultures
IMDEA Energy Institute is a María de Maeztu Center of Excellence whose objective is to develop R&D activities in the fields of renewable energies and clean energy technologies by establishing strong links with leading companies in the energy sector. (www.energy.imdea.org).
IMDEA Energy is opening a Predoctoral Researcher Position for the Biotechnological Processes Unit, looking for talented and motivated candidates to work on “Lactic acid production from organic wastes valorization via anaerobic open-mixed cultures”.
- Optimization of anaerobic culture conditions of microorganisms aiming at lactic acid accumulation.
- Bioprocesses in bioreactors both at laboratory and pilot scale.
- Application of biougmentation strategies.
- Analysis of biological analysis and physico-chemical parameters to control microorganisms performance.
- Dissemination and publication of research results in scientific journals.
- B.Sc. in Biology, Biotechnology, Chemical engineering, Environmental engineering or equivalent.
- Experience on biological (microbiologial) processes.
Other merits to value:
- MSc. degree in Biology, Biotechnology, Chemical engineering, Environmental engineering or equivalent.
- Experience in process optimization and physico-chemical (microbiological) analyses.
- Knowledge of reactors performance (anaerobic digestion).
- Oral and written communication skills in English.
- Adequacy of the candidate's training to the requested profile.
- Work experience related to the profile of the job position.
- Motivation for accomplishing high-quality research.
- Knowledge of English.
- Remuneration: Between 20.000€ – 22.500€ per year, depending upon qualification and expertise.
*The contract includes all the benefits of the Spanish Public Health and Social Security System.
- Duration of the contract: 1 year, possibility of renewal depending on performance.
IMDEA Energía: Mostoles, Madrid
- Certificates of academic titles
- Msc Official Academic title
- Cover Letter
- Official English Level Certificate
Final decisions will be personally communicated by e-mail to all candidates.