Predoctoral Researcher position to work in the modelling and control of batteries and photovoltaic solar power plants for grid integration
IMDEA Energy Institute is a María de Maeztu Center of Excellence whose objective is to develop R&D activities in the fields of renewable energies and clean energy technologies by establishing strong links with leading companies in the energy sector. (www.energy.imdea.org).
IMDEA Energy is opening a predoctoral researcher position for the Electrical Systems Unit, looking for talented and motivated candidates to work on the integration of redox-flow batteries and PV solar power plants in electrical networks.
- R&D in battery modelling for grid applications.
- Development of models of redox-flow batteries for their use in a battery management system.
- Implementation of control algorithms in a power hardware-in-the-loop environment (Smart Energy Integration Lab of IMDEA Energy)
- Integration of the batteries and the PV inverters in an extended area network to provide ancillary services (frequency control, voltage regulation, etc.).
- Dissemination and publication of research results in scientific journals.
- Official MSc. degree in Electrical, Electronic or Industrial Engineering, Control Systems or related disciplines.
- Knowledge of Power Engineering, Electrical Grids and Control Systems.
Other merits to value:
- Good understanding of System Modelling, Power Networks, Renewable Energy Technologies, IT technologies and Real-Time Control systems.
- At least 1-year experience of working with modelling systems in Matlab and Matlab Simulink.
- Oral and written communication skills in English.
- Adequacy of the candidate's training to the requested profile.
- Work experience related to the profile of the job position.
- Motivation for accomplishing high-quality research.
- Knowledge of English.
- Remuneration: Between 20.000€ – 22.500€ per year, depending upon qualification and expertise.
*The contract includes all the benefits of the Spanish Public Health and Social Security System.
- Duration of the contract: 1 year, possibility of renewal depending on performance.
IMDEA Energía: Mostoles, Madrid
- Certificates of academic titles
- Msc Official Academic title
- Cover Letter
- Official English Level Certificate
Final decisions will be personally communicated by e-mail to all candidates.