Predoctoral Researcher Position to work on electrochemical hydrogen production at high temperature.
IMDEA Energy Institute is a María de Maeztu Center of Excellence whose objective is to develop R&D activities in the fields of renewable energies and clean energy technologies by establishing strong links with leading companies in the energy sector. (www.energy.imdea.org).
IMDEA Energy is opening a Predoctoral Position for the Electrochemical Processes Unit, looking for talented and motivated candidates to work on Testing and modeling of battery storage systems.
- Testing and evaluation of the performance and ageing of high temperature electrolyzers and battery modules.
- Design and integration of hybrid electrochemical energy conversion and storage processes
- Dissemination and publication of research results in high-quality scientific journals, presentation in congresses, etc.
- Supervision of Master and undergraduate students.
- Degree in Chemistry, Physics, Chemical Engineering or Industrial Engineering.
Other Merits to value:
- Official Master degree in Chemistry, Physics, Chemical Engineering or Industrial Engineering.
- Specific training or proven skills in water electrolysis and/or fuel cells.
- Specific training or hands-on experience with electrochemical energy conversion and/or electrochemical energy storage devices.
- International experience in research centres or universities.
- Experience in writing scientific publications.
- Oral and written communication skills in English.
- Adequacy of the candidate's training to the requested profile.
- Work experience related to the profile of the job position.
- Knowledge of English.
- Motivation for accomplishing high-quality research.
- Remuneration: Between 20.900€ – 23.300€ per year, depending upon qualification and expertise.
*The contract includes all the benefits of the Spanish Public Health and Social Security System.
- Duration of the contract: One year with annual renewals depending on performance.
IMDEA Energía, Móstoles, Madrid
- Msc Official Academic title
- Motivation Letter
Final decisions will be personally communicated by e-mail to all candidates.
Equal opportunities are guaranteed in the selection process, without any forms of discrimination. Female applicants are encouraged to apply to favor parity in employment.
IMDEA Energy commitment is to guarantee equality in measures to balance personal, family and working life and to promote gender equality.