Postdoctoral Researcher Position to work on high temperature electrolysis and batteries for hybrid energy conversion and storage systems.
IMDEA Energy Institute is a María de Maeztu Center of Excellence whose objective is to develop R&D activities in the fields of renewable energies and clean energy technologies by establishing strong links with leading companies in the energy sector. (www.energy.imdea.org).
IMDEA Energy is opening a Postdoctoral Position for the Electrochemical Processes Unit, looking for talented and motivated candidates to work on high temperature water electrolysis and battery storage for hybrid energy conversion and storage systems
- Research in design, setting up and operation of electrochemical devices for hydrogen production at high temperature combined with battery energy storage.
- Development and validation of advanced testing techniques for accelerated electrical and electrochemical characterization, simulation of duty cycles for case studies, statistical data analysis.
- Modeling of electrochemical energy conversion and storage systems combining high temperature electrolyzers and batteries.
- Communicate and disseminate research results through high-quality scientific channels including high impact scientific publications, presentation in international conferences, etc.
- Writing project proposals to national and international calls related to the topic.
- Supervision of PhD, Master or undergraduate students.
- PhD degree in Chemistry, Physics, Chemical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or related areas.
- Solid background and proven experimental skills in testing and characterization of fuel cells, water electrolyzers and /or batteries.
Other Merits to value:
- Proven experience in assembling and testing of pilot prototypes of fuel cells, electrolyzers and/or batteries.
- Solid background and proven skills in modelling of water electrolyzers and /or batteries using computational tools such as Matlab-Simulink, COMSOL Multiphysics or similar.
- International experience in energy storage and/or conversion topics.
- Experience in international research projects and collaborations.
- Publications in high impact scientific journals.
- Proficient oral and written communication skills in English.
- Adequacy of the candidate's training to the requested profile.
- Work experience related to the profile of the job position.
- Knowledge of English.
- Motivation for accomplishing high-quality research.
- Remuneration: Between 38.000€ – 41.000€ per year, depending upon qualification and expertise.
*The contract includes all the benefits of the Spanish Public Health and Social Security System.
- Duration of the contract: up to three years depending on performance.
IMDEA Energía, Móstoles, Madrid
- PhD Certificate
- Motivation Letter
Final decisions will be personally communicated by e-mail to all candidates.
Equal opportunities are guaranteed in the selection process, without any forms of discrimination. Female applicants are encouraged to apply to favor parity in employment.
IMDEA Energy commitment is to guarantee equality in measures to balance personal, family and working life and to promote gender equality.