Assistant Researcher Position to work on “Catalytic conversion of butanediol into jet-fuel range hydrocarbons via dehydration-oligomerization-hydrogenation pathway"
IMDEA Energy Institute is a María de Maeztu Center of Excellence whose objective is to develop R&D activities in the fields of renewable energies and clean energy technologies by establishing strong links with leading companies in the energy sector. (www.energy.imdea.org).
In the framework of the BIOCTANE project, a European project recently granted in the call topic “Hybrid catalytic conversion of renewable energy to carbon-neutral fuels” (HORIZON-CL5-2021-D3-03-03), aims the “sustainable conversion of organic waste streams from agriculture, industry and municipalities via integration of smart biotechnological and thermochemical conversion steps to market-ready renewable jet-fuel”, IMDEA Energy, is opening a Research Assistant position for the Thermochemical Processes Unit, looking for talented candidates with motivation and skills to carry out experimental research.
- Revision of the state of the art of the fundamentals related to the project.
- Synthesis and characterization of catalysts for the direct conversion of 2,3-BDO to intermediate olefins (C8-C14).
- Adjustment of the reaction system and screening the activity of catalysts.
- Processing results and writing of reports.
- B.Sc. in Chemical Engineering, applied chemistry or equivalent, finished in the last 5 years, are sought.
Other merits to value:
- To be pursuing or to have finished a master's degree in chemical engineering or related.
- Knowledge and experimental practice on heterogeneous catalysis, either the synthesis of catalysts (preferable based on zeolites) or on running reactions (preferably fixed-bed reactors and gaseous hydrocarbon systems).
- Knowledge and experimental practice on analytical techniques typically applied in catalysts characterization (XRD, gas physisorption, etc.) and/or oligomerization reactions (GC, mainly.)
- Oral and written communication skills in English.
- Adequacy of the candidate's training to the requested profile.
- Work experience related to the job position.
- Knowledge of English.
- Motivation for accomplishing high-quality research.
- Remuneration: Between 18.000 € – 20.000 € gross salary per year, depending upon qualification and expertise.
*The contract includes all the benefits of the Spanish Public Health and Social Security System.
- Duration of the contract: 1 year, possibility of renewal depending on performance.
IMDEA Energía, Móstoles, Madrid
- Certificates of academic titles
- Motivation Letter
Final decisions will be personally communicated by e-mail to all candidates.
Equal opportunities are guaranteed in the selection process, without any forms of discrimination. Female applicants are encouraged to apply to favor parity in employment.
IMDEA Energy commitment is to guarantee equality in measures to balance personal, family and working life and to promote gender equality.