Postdoctoral researcher position to work on “Metal-Organic Frameworks for hydrogen technologies”
IMDEA Energy Institute is a María de Maeztu Center of Excellence whose objective is to develop R&D activities in the fields of renewable energies and clean energy technologies by establishing strong links with leading companies in the energy sector. (www.energy.imdea.org).
Within the frame of a National project “Digital and Environmental Transition (TED)”, dealing with the development of efficient hydrogen technologies, IMDEA Energy Institute is opening a postdoctoral researcher position for the Advanced Porous Materials Unit, looking for talented and motivated candidates with strong background in Chemistry and/or Materials Science, to work mainly in the preparation of novel proton conducting Metal Organic Frameworks (MOFs) and composites as efficient exchange membranes in fuel cells. The requirements are as follows:
- Synthesis of polycomplexant organic ligands as precursors of metal organic frameworks (MOFs).
- Synthesis of novel MOFs and MOF composites.
- Full characterization of the obtained materials using a large panel of techniques.
- Dissemination and publication of research results in scientific journals.
- Supervision of PhD, Master or undergraduate students.
- Participation in proposals preparation and management National and International research projects.
- PhD in Chemistry or Material Sciences.
- Knowledge and experience in thesynthesis of Metal Organic Framework (MOFs) and their characterization (XRD, fluid sorption, spectroscopies, microscopies, TGA, etc.)
Other merits to value:
- Knowledge on structural resolution (single crystal and/or powder), membrane preparation and electrochemistry.
- Proved experience in National or International R&D project.
- Oral and written communication skills in English.
- Motivation to pursue the goals of the project.
- Adequacy of the candidate's training to the requested profile.
- Work experience related to the profile of the job position.
- Knowledge of English.
- Motivation for accomplishing high-quality research.
- Full time contract.
- Remuneration: Between 38.000 € – 41.000€ Gross Salary per year, depending upon qualification and expertise.
*The contract includes all the benefits of the Spanish Public Health and Social Security System.
IMDEA Energía: Móstoles, Madrid.
- PhD Certificate
- Motivation Letter
Final decisions will be personally communicated by e-mail to all candidates.
Equal opportunities are guaranteed in the selection process, without any forms of discrimination. Female applicants are encouraged to apply to favor parity in employment.
IMDEA Energy commitment is to guarantee equality in measures to balance personal, family and working life and to promote gender equality.