Postdoctoral Researcher to work on photo(electro)catalysis.
IMDEA Energy Institute is a María de Maeztu Center of Excellence whose objective is to develop R&D activities in the fields of renewable energies and clean energy technologies by establishing strong links with leading companies in the energy sector. (www.energy.imdea.org).
IMDEA Energy is opening a Postdoctoral position for the Photoactivated Processes Unit, looking for talented and motivated candidates to work on photo(electro)catalysis.
- Advanced photochemical characterization of organic and inorganic semiconductors (including the use of Laser Flash Photolysis techniques)
- Preparation of hybrid systems and their implementation as photocatalyst for solar fuels production.
- Assembly of photoactivated catalytic devices able to work under visible-light and bias-free conditions.
- Communicate and disseminate research results through high-quality scientific channels including high impact scientific publications, presentation in international conferences, etc.
- Writing project proposals to national and international calls.
- Supervision of PhD, Master or undergraduate students.
- Ph.D. degree in Chemistry or Materials Science.
- Demonstrated experience on charge transfer dynamics in materials and organic molecules by means of laser flash photolysis.
Other merits to value:
- Solid background in organic chemistry and photochemistry.
- Experienced in national and international projects.
- Oral and written communication skills in English.
- Adequacy of the candidate's training to the requested profile.
- Work experience related to the profile of the job position.
- Knowledge of English.
- Motivation for accomplishing high-quality research.
- Full time contract.
- Remuneration: Between 38.000 € – 41.000€ Gross Salary per year, depending upon qualification and expertise.
*The contract includes all the benefits of the Spanish Public Health and Social Security System.
IMDEA Energía: Móstoles, Madrid.
- PhD Certificate
- Relevant scientifics publications
- Cover Letter
Final decisions will be personally communicated by e-mail to all candidates.
Equal opportunities are guaranteed in the selection process, without any forms of discrimination. Female applicants are encouraged to apply to favor parity in employment.
IMDEA Energy commitment is to guarantee equality in measures to balance personal, family and working life and to promote gender equality.