Predoctoral Researcher Position to work on manufacturing and modelling of Lithium-ion and solid-state batteries
IMDEA Energy Institute is a María de Maeztu Center of Excellence whose objective is to develop R&D activities in the fields of renewable energies and clean energy technologies by establishing strong links with leading companies in the energy sector. (www.energy.imdea.org).
IMDEA Energy is opening a Predoctoral Position for the Electrochemical Processes Unit, looking for talented and motivated candidates to work on the manufacturing and modelling of electrochemical energy storage systems, including Lithium-ion and solid-state batteries.
This project is funded with public funds by the Community of Madrid through the programme "Grants for the attraction of research talent to the Community of Madrid in R&D centres 2022" (Ref. 2022-T1/IND-23776).
- Active material and electrode preparation and characterization using morphological and crystallographic techniques such as XRD, SEM and TGA among others.
- Preparation of the battery electrodes by different fabrication techniques including 3D printing. The candidate will also need to formulate the inks attending to their rheological properties.
- Manufacturing of batteries in different cell configurations including coin cell, Swagelok and pouch cell.
- Testing and evaluation of the performance and ageing of the batteries by electrochemical means and post-mortem analysis. Experimental validation of models
- The candidate will collaborate in the data-driven and first principle-based modelling of battery cells' charge, heat and mass transport.
- Dissemination and publication of research results in high-quality scientific journals, presentation in congresses, etc.
- Supervision of Master and undergraduate students.
- Degree in Chemistry, Physics, Chemical Engineering, Industrial Engineering or similar.
- Official Master degree in Chemistry, Physics, Material Science, Chemical Engineering or similar.
Other Merits to value:
- Specific training or hands-on experience with electrochemical energy storage devices and electrochemical characterization.
- Experience with material science characterization techniques such as XRD, SEM, TGA, DLS, Raman and UV/Vis spectroscopy.
- Programming skills (Matlab-Simulink, Phyton…)..
- International experience in research centres or universities.
- Experience in writing scientific publications.
- Oral and written communication skills in English.
- Adequacy of the candidate's training to the requested profile.
- Work experience related to the profile of the job position.
- Knowledge of English.
- Motivation for accomplishing high-quality research.
- Remuneration: Between 20.900€ – 23.300€ per year, depending upon qualification and expertise.
*The contract includes all the benefits of the Spanish Public Health and Social Security System.
- Duration of the contract: One year with annual renewals depending on performance.
IMDEA Energía, Móstoles, Madrid
- Msc Official Academic title
- Motivation Letter
Final decisions will be personally communicated by e-mail to all candidates.
Equal opportunities are guaranteed in the selection process, without any forms of discrimination. Female applicants are encouraged to apply to favor parity in employment.
IMDEA Energy commitment is to guarantee equality in measures to balance personal, family and working life and to promote gender equality.