Predoctoral researcher position to work on “New advanced coordination polymers for CO2 valorization”
IMDEA Energy Institute is a María de Maeztu Center of Excellence whose objective is to develop R&D activities in the fields of renewable energies and clean energy technologies by establishing strong links with leading companies in the energy sector. (www.energy.imdea.org).
Within the frame of the National Project Generación de Conocimiento “New advanced coordination polymers for CO2 valorization (NAPOLION) Ref: PID2022-139956OB-I00”, IMDEA Energy Institute is opening an FPI predoctoral researcher position for the Advanced Porous Materials Unit (APMU), looking for talented and motivated candidates with strong background in Chemistry and/or Materials Science. dealing with the development of new Metal-Organic Frameworks (MOFs), for mainly the preparation of novel Metal-Organic Frameworks (MOFs) for the efficient CO2 capture and conversion into high value-added products (i.e. green fuels).
- Synthesis of novel metal organic frameworks (MOFs).
- Full characterization of the obtained materials using a large panel of techniques.
- Critical analysis of the results and writing of reports.
- Dissemination and publication of research results in scientific journals.
- Official MSc in Chemistry, Materials Science or equivalent (no PhD).
Other merits to value:
- Knowledge and experience in material synthesis (inorganic and coordination chemistry) and characterization (XRD, fluid sorption, spectroscopies, microscopies, TGA, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience in heterogeneous catalysis and GC analysis.
- Appreciated knowledge on structural resolution (single crystal and/or powder)
- Oral and written communication skills in English.
- Motivation to pursue the goals of the project.
- Adequacy of the candidate's training to the requested profile.
- Work experience related to the profile of the job position.
- Knowledge of English.
- Motivation for accomplishing high-quality research.
- Remuneration: Between 20.900€ – 23.300€ per year, depending upon qualification and expertise.
*The contract includes all the benefits of the Spanish Public Health and Social Security System.
- Duration of the contract: Four years starting in November 2023 or January 2024.
IMDEA Energía, Móstoles, Madrid
- Certificates of academic titles
- Msc Official Academic title
- Motivation Letter
Final decisions will be personally communicated by e-mail to all candidates.
Equal opportunities are guaranteed in the selection process, without any forms of discrimination. Female applicants are encouraged to apply to favor parity in employment.
IMDEA Energy commitment is to guarantee equality in measures to balance personal, family and working life and to promote gender equality.