Predoctoral Researcher to work on novel porous redox structures
IMDEA Energy Institute is a María de Maeztu Center of Excellence whose objective is to develop R&D activities in the fields of renewable energies and clean energy technologies by establishing strong links with leading companies in the energy sector. (www.energy.imdea.org).
IMDEA Energy is opening a predoctoral researcher position for the High-Temperature Processes Unit looking for talented and motivated candidates to work on efficient solar thermochemical synthesis of liquid hydrocarbon fuels using tailored porous-structured materials.
- R&D on novel porous redox structures for production of solar fuels by thermochemical cycles.
- Design & synthesis of hierarchically porous materials by 3D printing techniques
- Material characterization by means of conventional techniques (DRX, SEM, TEM…) and specific tools in high-flux solar simulators (mechanical and chemical cyclability and performance)
- Critical analysis of the results and writing of reports.
- Dissemination and publication of research results in scientific journals and conferences.
- Supervision of Master and undergraduate students
- M.Sc. degree in chemical engineering, material engineering or similar.
- Demonstrated experience and solid background on chemical synthesis and/or materials characterization techniques.
- Accredited oral and written communication skills in English.
Other merits to value:
- Knowledge and experimental practice on suspensions and/or colloidal pastes.
- International experience in research centres or universities.
- Adequacy of the candidate's training to the requested profile.
- Work experience related to the profile of the job position.
- Motivation for accomplishing high-quality research.
- Knowledge of English.
- Remuneration: Between 20.900 € – 23.300 € per year, depending upon qualification and expertise.
*The contract includes all the benefits of the Spanish Public Health and Social Security System.
- Duration of the contract: 1 year, possibility of renewal depending on performance.
IMDEA Energía, Móstoles, Madrid
- Certificates of academic titles
- Msc Official Academic title
- Motivation Letter
- Official English Level Certificate
Final decisions will be personally communicated by e-mail to all candidates.
Equal opportunities are guaranteed in the selection process, without any forms of discrimination. Female applicants are encouraged to apply to favor parity in employment.
IMDEA Energy commitment is to guarantee equality in measures to balance personal, family and working life and to promote gender equality.