Predoctoral Researcher position to work on “PCoN-M3: Precise Control of Nano-porous Materials in Multi-dimensional Morphology”"
IMDEA Energy Institute is a María de Maeztu Center of Excellence whose objective is to develop R&D activities in the fields of renewable energies and clean energy technologies by establishing strong links with leading companies in the energy sector. (www.energy.imdea.org).
IMDEA Energy is opening a Predoctoral Researcher position for the Thermochemical Processes Unit, looking for talented candidates with motivation and skills to carry out experimental research. The candidate must have knowledge of the main concepts around the catalytic processes, that is, chemical reactors operation, synthesis and characterization of catalysts and analytical techniques, especially on those related with the project. Furthermore, the selected candidate needs to have the motivation required to pursue a PhD degree within the research field of the project.
In particular, PCoN-M3 (Precise Control of Nanoporous Materials in Multi-dimensional Morphplogy) project, in the framework of European Interest Group (EIG) CONCERT, aims the application of zeolites precisely synthetized at the atomic level to plastic wastes valorisation through pyrolysis. This project is developed as a joint international collaboration with research groups of Czech Republic and Japan.
- Revision of the state of the art of the fundamentals related to the project.
- Performing catalytic pyrolysis reactions at lab scale.
- Adjustment of the operation conditions to maximize the production of dehalogenated oils.
- Critical thinking relating catalytic pyrolysis results and catalyst properties.
- Dissemination and publication of research results in various journals, and both national and international congresses.
- Supervising students in internships.
- Official MSc in Chemical Engineering, Waste Management or equivalent, finished in the last 5 years.
Other merits to value:
- Knowledge on chemical recycling routes for organic waste valorization, preferably on pyrolysis or hydropyrolysis.
- Knowledge on heterogeneous catalysts and analytical techniques, preferably on those related to catalytic pyrolysis.
- Oral and written communication skills in English.
- Motivation to pursue the goals of the project.
- Motivation to pursue a PhD degree.
- Adequacy of the candidate's training to the requested profile.
- Work experience related to the profile of the job position.
- Knowledge of English.
- Motivation for accomplishing high-quality research.
- Remuneration: Between 20.900 € – 23.300 € per year, depending upon qualification and expertise.
*The contract includes all the benefits of the Spanish Public Health and Social Security System.
- Type of contract: Employment contract in accordance with current legislation..
IMDEA Energía, Móstoles, Madrid
- Msc Official Academic title
- Motivation Letter
Final decisions will be personally communicated by e-mail to all candidates.
Equal opportunities are guaranteed in the selection process, without any forms of discrimination. Female applicants are encouraged to apply to favor parity in employment.
IMDEA Energy commitment is to guarantee equality in measures to balance personal, family and working life and to promote gender equality.