Laboratory Technician position to work on automatization, operation and monitoring of concentrating solar facilities.
IMDEA Energy Institute is a María de Maeztu Center of Excellence whose objective is to develop R&D activities in the fields of renewable energies and clean energy technologies by establishing strong links with leading companies in the energy sector. (www.energy.imdea.org).
IMDEA Energy is opening a Laboratory Technician Position for the High Temperature Processes Unit to work on work on automatization, operation and monitoring of concentrating solar facilities.
- Operation and maintenance of infrastructures for experimental research in the scientific-technical area of high-temperature processes (mainly those on concentrating solar energy), providing technical service to research staff.
- Assembly and commissioning of specific scientific equipment in the areas of automation, metrology, regulation and process control, respecting criteria of quality, safety and respect for the environment.
- Creation and updating of the technical and safety documentation associated with the experimental devices developed in the previous points.
- To be in possession of a Higher Level Training Cycle in Solar Thermal Energy, Automation and Industrial Robotics, Energy Efficiency, or similar.
Other merits to value:
- Experience in the previously mentioned tasks.
- Oral and written communication skills in English.
- Adequacy of the candidate's training to the requested profile.
- Work experience related to the profile of the job position.
- Knowledge of English.
- Motivation for accomplishing high-quality research.
- Remuneration: Depending upon qualification and expertise.
*The contract includes all the benefits of the Spanish Public Health and Social Security System.
- Duration of the contract: One year with annual renewals depending on performance.
IMDEA Energía: Móstoles, Madrid.
- Certificates of academic titles
- Cover Letter
- Motivation Letter
Final decisions will be personally communicated by e-mail to all candidates.
Equal opportunities are guaranteed in the selection process, without any forms of discrimination. Female applicants are encouraged to apply to favor parity in employment.
IMDEA Energy commitment is to guarantee equality in measures to balance personal, family and working life and to promote gender equality.