Laboratory technician position to work on Plant Pilot Operations and Electrochemical Device Control in Hydrogen Production
IMDEA Energy Institute is a María de Maeztu Center of Excellence whose objective is to develop R&D activities in the fields of renewable energies and clean energy technologies by establishing strong links with leading companies in the energy sector. (www.energy.imdea.org).
IMDEA Energy is opening a Laboratory Technician Position to work on “Plant Pilot Operations and Electrochemical Device Control in Hydrogen Production, whitin the framework of the project "Strategic Positioning of the Community of Madrid in R+D+I of Green Hydrogen and Fuel Cells (GREEN H2-CM).
- Assembly and commissioning of specific scientific equipment and experimental setups in the areas of automation, process monitoring and control, applying criteria of quality, safety and respect for the environment.
- Operation and maintenance of infrastructures for experimental research in the scientific-technical area of high-temperature electrolysis and associated battery energy storage.
- Creation and updating of the technical and safety documentation associated with the experimental devices developed in the previous points.
- General maintenance of the laboratory and equipment calibration.
- Good practices on safety and health, keeping of laboratory notebooks, control of stocks, waste management, etc.
- To be in possession of a Higher-Level Training Cycle Degree (Vocational Training of the Educational System) in Industrial Chemistry or similar.
Merits to value:
- Proven experience in research on energy or environmental processes at pilot scale.
- Knowledge on test data analysis and monitoring of process variables of electrochemical devices in pilot plants.
- Specific training or hands-on experience in process control software such as LabView or similar.
- Experience and strong skills in the use of 3D printers to produce electrochemical reactor prototypes.
- Oral and written communication skills in English.
- Adequacy of the candidate's training to the requested profile.
- Work experience related to the job position.
- Knowledge of English.
- Motivation for accomplishing high-quality research.
- Remuneration: Depending upon qualification and expertise.
*The contract includes all the benefits of the Spanish Public Health and Social Security System.
- Duration of the contract: According to current legislation.
IMDEA Energía: Móstoles, Madrid.
- Certificates of academic titles
- Motivation Letter
Final decisions will be personally communicated by e-mail to all candidates.
Equal opportunities are guaranteed in the selection process, without any forms of discrimination. Female applicants are encouraged to apply to favor parity in employment.
IMDEA Energy commitment is to guarantee equality in measures to balance personal, family and working life and to promote gender equality.