Predoctoral Researcher position on photoelectrochemical devices for solar fuels production
IMDEA Energy Institute is a María de Maeztu Center of Excellence whose objective is to develop R&D activities in the fields of renewable energies and clean energy technologies by establishing strong links with leading companies in the energy sector. (www.energy.imdea.org).
IMDEA Energy is opening a Predoctoral Researcher position for the Photoactivated Processes Unit, looking for talented and motivated candidates to work on the development of photoelectrochemical devices for solar fuels production.
The new researcher will join the research team of the project Solfuture.
- Synthesis of thin film based on photoactive metal oxides.
- Synthesis of thin films based on nanostructured Conjugated porous Polymers by means of electropolymerization.
- Characterization of structural, optical and morphological properties of those materials.
- Characterization of photoelectrochemical properties those materials.
- Integration of these materials in a photoelectrochemical cell to produce solar fuels.
- Validation of results.
- Bachelor degree in Physics, Chemistry or similar.
- MSc. on chemistry, physics, materials or energy.
Other merits to value:
- Experience on (Photo) electrochemistry.
- Knowledge on structural, optical and morphological properties.
- Oral and written comunication skills in English.
- Experience on general characterization and photoelectrochemical measurements.
- Adequacy of the candidate's training to the requested profile.
- Work experience related to the profile of the job position.
- Knowledge of English.
- Motivation for accomplishing high-quality research.
- Remuneration: Between 20.900€ – 23.300€ per year, depending upon qualification and expertise.
*The contract includes all the benefits of the Spanish Public Health and Social Security System.
- Contract: Until project completion (November 2024)
IMDEA Energía, Móstoles, Madrid
- Certificates of academic titles
- Msc Official Academic title
- Motivation Letter
Final decisions will be personally communicated by e-mail to all candidates.
Equal opportunities are guaranteed in the selection process, without any forms of discrimination. Female applicants are encouraged to apply to favor parity in employment.
IMDEA Energy commitment is to guarantee equality in measures to balance personal, family and working life and to promote gender equality.