Predoctoral Researcher Position to work on Solar heat for material processing
IMDEA Energy Institute is a María de Maeztu Center of Excellence whose objective is to develop R&D activities in the fields of renewable energies and clean energy technologies by establishing strong links with leading companies in the energy sector. (www.energy.imdea.org).
“Este contrato está financiado a través del programa S2018/EMT‐4319 (ACES2030‐CM) de la Convocatoria de ayudas para la realización de programas de I+D de Tecnologías 2018 de la Comunidad de Madrid, estando cofinanciado en un 50% por Fondo Social Europeo para el periodo 2014‐ 2020”.
IMDEA Energy is opening a Predoctoral Researcher Position for the High Temperature Processes R&D Unit to work on the use of solar energy for material processing.
The requirements of this position are as follows:
- Experimental investigation on thermal and chemical material processing
- Characterization of solid and liquid materials (X-Ray diffraction, thermogravimetric analysis, microscopies, ionic chromatography…)
- Process design and process simulation involving solar thermal technologies
- Dissemination and publication of research results in scientific journals.
- MSc. degree in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Material Sciences, Physical Sciences or equivalent.
- Accredited oral and written communication skills in English.
Will be positively assessed:
- Accredited experience on thermal processes such as desalination, drying and/or calcination.
- Knowledge and/or familiarity in the use of engineering and scientific software (MATLAB, TRNSYS, EcoSimPro…) and programming languages (FORTRAN, C++…).
- Knowledge and/or familiarity with thermal and/or solar thermal technologies.
- Knowledge and/or familiarity with characterisation techniques.
- Adequacy of the candidate's training and experience to the requested profile.
- Additional training related to the position.
- Knowledge of English.
Remuneration: 19.000-21.000€ gross salary per year, depending upon qualification and expertise.
Duration: One year appointment with annual renewals depending on performance.
Fundación IMDEA Energía Móstoles, Madrid.
- Certificates of academic titles
- Msc Official Academic title
- Cover Letter
- Official English Level Certificate
Final decisions will be personally communicated by e-mail to all candidates.