Postdoctoral Researcher Position to work on “Advanced direct solar energy conversion components for solar fuels production”
IMDEA Energy Institute is a María de Maeztu Center of Excellence whose objective is to develop R&D activities in the fields of renewable energies and clean energy technologies by establishing strong links with leading companies in the energy sector. (www.energy.imdea.org).
These positions are funded by the Spanish State Research Agency of the Spanish Ministry of Science and Innovation through the Unit of Excellence “María de Maeztu” grant with reference number CEX2019-000931-M (2020-2023), awarded in the “Severo Ochoa Centres of Excellence” and the “María de Maeztu Units of Excellence” call 2019 of the Spanish State Programme for Knowledge Generation and Scientific and Technological Strengthening of the R&D&I System.
IMDEA Energy is opening a Postdoctoral Researcher Position for the High Temperature Processes Unit. We are looking for talented and motivated candidates with strong engineering background on heat and mass transfer in advanced components for solar fuels production by direct solar energy conversion.
- R&D on advanced reactors for solar fuels (liquid and gaseous hydrocarbons, hydrogen) production by means of computational fluid dynamics modelling and experimentation to validate numerical simulations.
- Implementation of experimental equipment to monitor heat & mass transfer in solar reactors.
- Dissemination and publication of research results in scientific journals.
- Supervision of undergraduate and graduate staff working in the R&D unit
- Participation in project proposals preparation and management national and international research projects.
Your Qualification, Experience and Skills:
- Ph.D. degree in (applied) physics, energy, mechanical, chemical engineering or similar.
- Demonstrated experience and solid background on fluid mechanics and use of numerical and/or experimental tools for analyse chemical, thermal and/or mechanical processes.
- Experienced in national and international projects.
- Accredited oral and written communication skills in English.
- Adequacy of the candidate's training and experience to the requested profile.
- Quality and impact of scientific publications.
- Motivation for accomplishing high-quality research.
- Experience in national and international research projects.
- Knowledge of English.
Remuneration: Between 35.000€ – 38.000€ per year, depending upon qualification and expertise.
*The contract includes all the benefits of the Spanish Public Health and Social Security System.
Duration of the contract: 2 years.
IMDEA Energy Foundation. Mostoles, Madrid, Spain.
- PhD Certificate
- Reference Letter
- Motivation Letter
- Official English Level Certificate
Final decisions will be personally communicated by e-mail to all candidates.