Researcher in Training position to work on catalytic upgrading and co-processing of holocellulose-derived bio-oils
IMDEA Energy Institute is a María de Maeztu Center of Excellence whose objective is to develop R&D activities in the fields of renewable energies and clean energy technologies by establishing strong links with leading companies in the energy sector. (www.energy.imdea.org).
IMDEA Energy is opening a Researcher in Training Position for the Thermochemical Processes Unit looking for talented and motivated candidates to work in topics related with the catalytic upgrading of holocellulose-derived bio-oils by co-processing with both bioalcohols and non-edible vegetable oils. These activities will be performed in the context of the ADBIOCAP project.
The mains tasks will be:
- Research in the development of zeolites and their characterization by a number of techniques.
- Research in the catalytic pyrolysis of holocellulose and its co-processing with other feedstocks at different scale reaction setups.
- To generate research outputs and contribute to the development of independent and original ideas.
- To contribute to the communication and dissemination of the research results through high-quality scientific channels including high impact scientific publications, presentation in congresses, etc.
- Supervision of Master and undergraduate students.
- B.Sc. in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering.
- Having less than 4 years in possession of this official degree.
- M.Sc. in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or related topics.
Merits to value:
- Experience in experimental research activities on the synthesis of zeolites and on several characterization techniques of materials like XRD, SEM, TPD, FTIR, determination of textural properties by gas adsorption, etc.
- Experience in experimental research activities on lab-scale reaction setups at different reaction conditions (e.g. medium-high temperature reactors, pressurized systems, continuous solids feeding system, etc.).
- Experience in analytical techniques, such as GC, GC-MS, TGA, elemental analysis, etc.
- Accredited oral and written communication skills in English.
- Adequacy of the candidate's training to the requested profile.
- Work experience related to the profile of the job position.
- Knowledge of English
Remuneration: 13.300 € annual gross salary.
Duration: One year appointment.
IMDEA Energy Foundation, Móstoles, Madrid
- Curriculum Vitae
- Certificates of academic titles
- Msc Official Academic title
- Motivation Letter
Final decisions will be personally communicated by e-mail to all candidates.