Predoctoral Researcher position to work on Microalgae culture using anaerobic digestate as a source of nutrients
IMDEA Energy Institute is a María de Maeztu Center of Excellence whose objective is to develop R&D activities in the fields of renewable energies and clean energy technologies by establishing strong links with leading companies in the energy sector. (www.energy.imdea.org).
IMDEA Energy is opening a Predoctoral Researcher Position for the Biotechnological Processes Unit to work on “Microalgae culture using anaerobic digestate as a source of nutrients”. We are looking for motivated candidates, who will be part of a multidisciplinary team with the following main goals:
- Anaerobic digestate treatment: Nutrient recovery as microalgae biomass.
- Biomethane production: Microalgae culture to uptake the CO2 present in biogas stream.
- Design and perform experiments under well-controlled conditions at laboratory and pilot scale.
- Bioprocess optimization by tuning operational conditions of photobioreactors.
- Hands on analytical and biological measurements.
- To contribute to the communication and dissemination of the research results through high-quality scientific channels including high impact scientific publications, presentation in congresses, etc.
- M.Sc. in Biology, Biotechnology, Chemical engineering, Environmental engineering or equivalent.
Merits to value:
- Experience on biological processes.
- Experience on microalgae culture linked to wastewater treatment.
- Knowledge on microalgae culture in waste streams such as anaerobic digestates.
- Scientific Publications.
- Oral and written communication skills in English.
- Adequacy of the candidate's training to the requested profile.
- Work experience related to the profile of the job position.
- Motivation for accomplishing high-quality research.
- Knowledge of English
Remuneration: Between 19.500€ – 22.000€ gross salary per year, depending on the annual performance evaluation.
Duration: One year with annual renewals depending on performance.
IMDEA Energía: Mostoles, Madrid.
- Certificates of academic titles
- Msc Official Academic title
- Motivation Letter
Final decisions will be personally communicated by e-mail to all candidates.