Postdoctoral Researcher position to work on the development of hybrid materials for solar fuels production by photoelectrochemical processes
IMDEA Energy Institute is a María de Maeztu Center of Excellence whose objective is to develop R&D activities in the fields of renewable energies and clean energy technologies by establishing strong links with leading companies in the energy sector. (www.energy.imdea.org).
IMDEA Energy is opening a Postdoctoral Researcher position for the Photoactivated Processes Unit, looking for talented and motivated candidates to work on the development of hybrid materials for solar fuels production by photoelectrochemical processes.
- Photoanode and photocathode design managing organic and inorganic materials in thin film.
- Photoelectrochemical characterization of materials.
- Use of advanced characterization techniques which included synchrotron facilities.
- Assembly of photoactivated catalytic devices able to work under visible-light and bias-free conditions: Photoelectrochemical Cell (PEC).
"This contract is funded through the project S2018/NMT-4367 (FotoArt-CM) of the Program in R&D activities between research groups in Technologies 2018 of the Community of Madrid, being 50% co-financed by the European Social Fund for the period 2014-2020."
- Ph.D. degree in Physics or equivalent.
Merits to value:
- Proven expertise on photoelectrochemistry.
- Experienced in national and international research projects and collaborations.
- Publications in high impact scientific journals.
- Oral and written communication skills in English.
- Adequacy of the candidate's training and experience to the requested profile.
- Quality and impact of scientific publications.
- Motivation for accomplishing high-quality research.
- Experience in national and international research projects.
- Knowledge of English
Remuneration: Between 35.000€ – 38.000€ per year, depending upon qualification and expertise.
*The contract includes all the benefits of the Spanish Public Health and Social Security System.
Duration of the contract: until the end of the project: 31/12/2022.
IMDEA Energía: Mostoles, Madrid.
- PhD Certificate
- Cover Letter
- Brief Research Proposal
- Official English Level Certificate
Final decisions will be personally communicated by e-mail to all candidates.