Predoctoral Researcher position to work on Preparation of immuno/chemo active nanoscaled Metal-Organic Frameworks (MOFs) for pulmonary COVID-19 multitherapy
IMDEA Energy Institute is a María de Maeztu Center of Excellence whose objective is to develop R&D activities in the fields of renewable energies and clean energy technologies by establishing strong links with leading companies in the energy sector. (www.energy.imdea.org).
IMDEA Energy, labelled as María de Maeztu center, is one of Europe's leading and internationally recognized research centers with outstanding reputation in the development of multifunctional materials. Its primary goal is to bring outstanding scientific and technological contributions to provide solutions to real socioeconomic concerns in diverse fields such as energy, environment & health (www.energy.imdea.org). In particular, the VIRMOF project (“Immuno/chemo active nanoMOFs for pulmonary multitherapy against COVID-19”), a REACT-EU research project call of the Community of Madrid, aims to design tailored composite nanoplatforms based on nanoscaled metal organic frameworks (nanoMOFs) associated with immune/chemo active ingredients (AIs) for an efficient combined therapy against SARS-CoV-2.
IMDEA Energy is opening a predoctoral researcher position for the Advanced Porous Materials Unit, looking for talented and motivated candidates with strong background in Chemistry and Material Science, for mainly the preparation of AIs@composite nanoplatforms.
- Synthesis of metal organic frameworks (MOFs) and their association to different active species (e.g. inorganic nanoparticles, proteins, drugs).
- Full structural, physicochemical and biological characterization of the obtained materials using a large panel of techniques.
- Critical analysis of the results and writing of reports.
- Dissemination and publication of research results in scientific journals.
- Official MSc in Chemistry, Material Science, or equivalent.
- Demonstrated experience and solid background in material synthesis (inorganic and coordination chemistry) and characterization (XRD, fluid sorption, spectroscopies, microscopies, TGA, etc.).
Merits to value:
- Appreciated knowledge on the association of drugs to MOFs, including their quantification by chromatographic techniques (e.g. HPLC).
- Oral and written communication skills in English.
- Motivation to pursue the goals of the project.
- Adequacy of the candidate's training to the requested profile.
- Work experience related to the profile of the job position.
- Knowledge of English
- Motivation for accomplishing high-quality research.
Remuneration: Between 19.500€ – 22.000€ per year, depending upon qualification and expertise.
*The contract includes all the benefits of the Spanish Public Health and Social Security System.
Duration of the contract: 1 year, possibility of annual renewals depending on performance
IMDEA Energía: Mostoles, Madrid.
- Msc Official Academic title
- Motivation Letter
- BSc qualification certificates
Final decisions will be personally communicated by e-mail to all candidates.