Laboratory Technician to give support in the research line of fractional pyrolysis of lignocellulosic biomass
IMDEA Energy Institute is a María de Maeztu Center of Excellence whose objective is to develop R&D activities in the fields of renewable energies and clean energy technologies by establishing strong links with leading companies in the energy sector. (www.energy.imdea.org).
IMDEA Energy is opening a Laboratory Technician Position for the Thermochemical Processes Unit, looking for talented and motivated candidates to give support in the research line of fractional pyrolysis of lignocellulosic biomass.
- Support in the pyrolysis reaction tests, including: preparation of lignocellulosic biomass by grinding, pelletizing catalysts, fixing components of the reactor, etc.
- Characterisation of reaction products (biochar, bio-oil, gas and coke) according to the usual tests carried out in the laboratory: elemental analysis (CHNS-O), thermogravimetric analysis, Karl-Fischer titration of bio-oil, gas chromatography coupled to mass spectrometer (GC-MS), ion chromatography (IC), etc.
- General maintenance of the laboratory and calibration of equipment (balances, ovens, etc.).
- Monitoring of the perfect state of the means established for laboratory work in safe conditions.
- Higher Technician in Laboratory Operations, Analytical Techniques and Quality Control, or similar.
- Experience in analytical techniques applied in the field of pyrolysis: thermogravimetry, GC-MS, Karl-Fisher titration, among others.
Merits to value:
- Specialization courses of analytical techniques and/or data processing related with the tasks to be carried out (see Tasks description) - Attach to "Other certificates and documents", if any.
- Knowledge of quality and safety in laboratory.
- Oral and written communication skills in English. (Attach to "Other certificates and documents", if any)
- Adequacy of the candidate's training to the requested profile.
- Work experience related to the profile of the job position.
- Knowledge of English.
- Remuneration: Between 15.000€ – 19.000€ per year, depending upon qualification and expertise.
- Duration of the contract: One year with annual renewals depending on performance.
IMDEA Energía: Mostoles, Madrid.
- Certificates of academic titles
- Motivation Letter
- Other certificates and documents
Final decisions will be personally communicated by e-mail to all candidates.