Predoctoral Position for the Systems Analysis Unit to work on the assessment of novel waste-to-energy systems.
IMDEA Energy Institute is a María de Maeztu Center of Excellence whose objective is to develop R&D activities in the fields of renewable energies and clean energy technologies by establishing strong links with leading companies in the energy sector. (www.energy.imdea.org).
IMDEA Energy is opening a Predoctoral Position for the Systems Analysis Unit to work on the assessment of novel waste-to-energy system to participate in the research project MADRID + CIRCULAR aimed at modelling and assessing technologies for the treatment of waste and the production of hydrogen.
The HUB MADRID +CIRCULAR project (“HUB in circular economy innovation from the Community of Madrid”) is a regional project cofounded by the European Fund for the regional development to contribute on the improvement of the private-public cooperation in I+D+i within the RIS3 and FEDER programmes.
- Review of current and future waste-to-energy systems and the environmental and economic feasibility for renewable energy production, with a focus on hydrogen production technologies.
- Development of simulation models of the selected technologies, sustainability assessment of the technologies and the development of a circularity model of waste-to-energy options.
- Dissemination and publication of research results in international scientific journals and conferences.
- BSc in Environmental Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Energy Engineering, Industrial Engineering or equivalent.
- Official MSc - completed or in progress - in Industrial Organization, Industrial Management, Economy. Other Msc related to the profile of the job position may be considered.
Merits to value:
- Knowledge of Aspen Plus simulation models or similar software.
- Coding skills, mathematical modelling, optimization
- Life cycle assessment, process economics, social LCA.
- Participation in similar projects.
- Publications related to this research topic.
- Oral and written communication skills in English.
- Adequacy of the candidate's training to the requested profile.
- Work experience related to the profile of the job position.
- Knowledge of English.
- Motivation for accomplishing high-quality research.
- Remuneration: Between 19.500€ – 22.000€ per year, depending upon qualification and expertise.
*The contract includes all the benefits of the Spanish Public Health and Social Security System.
- Duration of the contract: One year with annual renewals depending on performance.
IMDEA Energía: Móstoles, Madrid.
- Certificates of academic titles
- Cover Letter
Final decisions will be personally communicated by e-mail to all candidates.