Laboratory Technician position to work on materials and high-temperature processes for renewable hydrogen production
IMDEA Energy Institute is a María de Maeztu Center of Excellence whose objective is to develop R&D activities in the fields of renewable energies and clean energy technologies by establishing strong links with leading companies in the energy sector. (www.energy.imdea.org).
IMDEA Energy is opening a laboratory technician position in the High Temperature Processes Unit to be involved in the synthesis and characterization of materials as well as the maintenance and operation of processes for hydrogen production by means of solar thermochemical routes. The technician will participate in the research project MADRID + CIRCULAR.
The HUB MADRID +CIRCULAR project (“HUB in circular economy innovation from the Community of Madrid”) is a regional project cofounded by the European Fund for the regional development to contribute on the improvement of the private-public cooperation in I+D+i within the RIS3 and FEDER programmes.
- Support in the synthesis and characterization of materials (elemental analysis, thermogravimetric analysis, XRD, spectrophotometry...) and processes (gas chromatography and mass spectrometry).
- Operation and maintenance of laboratory equipment (high-flux solar simulators, scales, ovens, ball mills, etc.) and management of inventories of reagents and materials.
- Drafting of work procedures.
- Monitoring of the state of the means available for laboratory work in safe conditions and proper waste management.
- Higher Professional Training Technician Degree in Industrial Chemistry, Laboratory Operations, Analytical Techniques and Quality Control, or similar.
Merits to value:
- Experience in analytical techniques and/or materials synthesis/characterization
- Adequacy of the candidate's training and experience to the requested profile.
- Oral and written communication skills in English.
- Adequacy of the candidate's training to the requested profile.
- Work experience related to the profile of the job position.
- Knowledge of English.
- Remuneration: Between 15.500€ – 19.000€ per year, depending upon qualification and expertise.
- Duration of the contract: One year with annual renewals depending on performance.
IMDEA Energía: Mostoles, Madrid.
- Certificates of academic titles
- Cover Letter
Final decisions will be personally communicated by e-mail to all candidates.