LABORATORY TECHNICIAN IN OPERATION AND MAINTENANCE OF EXPERIMENTAL SOLAR FACILITIES
IMDEA Energy Institute is a María de Maeztu Center of Excellence whose objective is to develop R&D activities in the fields of renewable energies and clean energy technologies by establishing strong links with leading companies in the energy sector. (www.energy.imdea.org).
IMDEA Energy is opening a Laboratory Technician position in the High Temperature Processes Unit, looking for talented and motivated candidates to work in the synthesis and characterization of materials as well as the maintenance and operation of processes for hydrogen production by means of solar thermochemical routes. The technician will participate in the research project MADRID + CIRCULAR.
The HUB MADRID +CIRCULAR project (“HUB in circular economy innovation from the Community of Madrid”) is a regional project cofounded by the European Fund for the regional development to contribute on the improvement of the private-public cooperation in I+D+i within the RIS3 and FEDER programmes.
- Preventive and corrective maintenance of electrical, mechanical or pneumatic installations. In particular, the technician will be in charge of the maintenance of the experimental devices of the research unit (heliostat solar field, high flux solar simulators, optical and thermal diagnostic instruments...) ensuring their correct operating capacity.
- Operation of the experimental facilities of the research unit.
- Participate in the supply and organization of the technical documentation associated with the experimental facility of the research unit (manuals, logbooks, inventories...).
- Training and assistance to research users of the facilities.
- Higher-Level Training Cycle Degree (Vocational Training of the Educational System) within the specialties of energy efficiency and thermal solar energy, renewable energy, mechatronics or similar.
- Knowledge of office software.
Merits to value:
- Work experience or internship in the tasks to be performed.
- Knowledge of computer aided design tools.
- Knowledge of software for control and data acquisition (Labview, Arduino...).
- Oral and written communication skills in English.
- Adequacy of the candidate's training to the requested profile.
- Work experience / internship related to the profile of the job position.
- Knowledge of English.
- Motivation for accomplishing high-quality work.
- Remuneration: Between 15.500€ – 19.000€ per year, depending upon qualification and expertise.
- Duration: One-year contract with the possibility of continuity depending on job performance.
IMDEA Energía: Móstoles, Madrid.
- Certificates of academic titles
- Cover Letter
Final decisions will be personally communicated by e-mail to all candidates.